Festive Recipes for Hosting an Inclusive Holiday Gathering
(Family Features) Memories made and recipes shared are the trademarks of a successful holiday gathering, and this year, you can host your way to a practically perfect party with delicious dishes that resonate with the flavors of the season.
A family-favorite meal starts with a main course that looks and smells as good as it tastes. Creamy Mushroom Pasta Nests deliver that festive flavor with a robust blend of breadcrumbs, earthy mushrooms and a homemade sauce crafted with Violife Just Like Cream Cheese. Developed to capture the taste of dairy cream cheese, it’s designed to be enjoyed by everyone at the table this holiday season as a non-GMO solution free from dairy, soy, nuts, gluten, preservatives and lactose.
Dishing out a dessert that boasts the colors of the season is a perfect way to cap off a gathering of friends and family. With pops of red and deliciously sweet flavor, Pomegranate Cheesecake is ideal for serving in individual tins so guests can delight in the creamy deliciousness together without the hassle of cutting and serving.
Visit ViolifeFoods.com to find more holiday-worthy recipes.
Creamy Mushroom Pasta Nests
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 ounces hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili paste
- 2 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon Violife Plant Butter
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 17 1/2 ounces mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 1/2 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 package Violife Just Like Cream Cheese Original
- 17 1/2 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 ounces Violife Just Like Parmesan Wedge, grated
- To make marinade: Whisk olive oil, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, garlic chili paste, sesame seeds and harissa paste. Set aside.
- To make breadcrumbs: In frying pan, heat plant butter. Add breadcrumbs, rosemary and garlic; saute 3-5 minutes until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make pasta: Saute mushrooms in olive oil 5-7 minutes until golden. Add spinach, 2-3 minutes, and pour over marinade. Add cream cheese and whisk until creamy.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. Sieve and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, adding to pasta sauce. Whisk constantly until combined.
- Using tongs, make small nests in pasta, place on plates and pour creamy mushroom sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes and grated Parmesan.
Pomegranate CheesecakePrep time: 5 hours, 30 minutes
Servings: 6 individual cheesecakes
- 10 1/2 ounces vegan gingerbread biscuits
- 6 ounces plant-based butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 0.07 ounces agar-agar
- 3 1/2 ounces canned coconut milk
- 2 packages Violife Just Like Cream Cheese Original
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 10 fluid ounces pomegranate juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- To make crust: In blender, blitz gingerbread biscuits until they form powder. Add butter and salt; blitz again until combined.
- Place in six individual greased tart tins and smooth over base with back of spoon. Refrigerate to set.
- To make cheesecake: In small pot over low heat, dissolve agar-agar in coconut milk, whisking constantly. Once boiling, remove from heat and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla essence; slowly pour over warm coconut milk, whisking until combined and creamy. Divide evenly among tart tins and refrigerate 4 hours.
- To make pomegranate syrup: In small bowl, combine 3 fluid ounces pomegranate juice with cornstarch. In small pot, boil remaining pomegranate juice 5 minutes. Pour in cornstarch and pomegranate mixture; whisk 5 minutes until syrup forms. Cool.
- When cheesecakes have set, remove from tins and serve on plates. Pour pomegranate syrup on top and garnish with pomegranate seeds.